Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nystul's Infinite Dungeon


Today, I’m going to try something a bit different. I’m actually going to give you a bit of news. Don’t worry, soon I’ll be going back to my usual shenanigans – being opinionated, reminiscing about the past, giving unwanted advice, and pushing Sara Bakay’s IndieGogo fundraiser.

In fact, while we’re on the subject, I check my stats for this site regularly, and I know that some 50 people have read the article on my love of miniatures. That’s terrific, but none of you has donated anything. I know that because I check the stats for THAT site regularly, too. Listen, this is easy. If you like what you read here, I’m asking you to make a donation. Not to support my site (as so many people do), but to support an artist whose work I enjoy.

Some people have pointed out that you don’t know Sara Bakay, and don’t know why you should give. I’ll answer that right now.

Who is Sara Bakay? She’s my friend.
Why should you donate? Because I asked you to.

Good. Glad that’s settled. Seriously, if you want to know more about this talented young woman, you can go to her website. See her photo shoots. Watch film clips. Hear her sing. Then, you can go to her IndieGogo page and make a donation. Let’s help this person achieve her dreams.

Now, on to the news:

Most of you don’t know that I’ve been working on something called The Infinite Dungeon. I started as a freelance writer, but quickly moved up to line editor.

It was going to be published by Castle Nystul. They ran into financial difficulties, and were unable to publish the book. Now it’s being published by D3 Adventures. The link to the official announcement is here.

My thanks go out to Jason Yarnell for saving this product from the dustbin of history. My thanks also go out to a crackerjack team of writers, who produced stellar work under sub-optimal conditions: Jen Baughman, Mark Carroll, Chris Harris, and Owen K. Stephens. I wish all them well in their future endeavors.

I’m just glad someone will finally get to read it. 

1 comment:

  1. That is great news! I am excited for you that it will be published :)

    ReplyDelete