Saturday, October 27, 2012

Opening the Floor

Many of you may have noticed that for the past few days, there hasn't been much activity here at Dangerous Games. Partially, that's because I've been at home outlining some new projects. However, as I look over at the stats for this site, I notice that by far the biggest draw was the article on freelancer best practices. I understand that a lot of you out there want to know how to break into the business, or how to comport yourselves once you're working, but a lot of my other articles cover important stuff like sticking to word count and actually writing what you were asked to write.

Since I'm such an attention whore, and want to give you what you want, I'm going to throw open the floor to questions. What do you want to know about? What kind of advice would you like? What questions might you have for an industry professional? This can be about anything, from how to combat writer's block to why a certain game uses a particular mechanic to questions about something I've designed. I don't care. Hell, you can ask me "boxers or briefs?" and I can turn that into an article. I'm not proud (if I were, I wouldn't be a game designer).

1 comment:

  1. Well, since no one else has jumped in, here's one for ya.

    I am setting up to do some third party Traveller related stuff. So far so good on the Accompaniments for Life Quests. Of course, now I am looking at all the new stuff I have to do for real as opposed to hobby and I realize that I have need of artists better than myself.

    How do I go about doing that without both being insulting and looking totally like a total noobler? How much should I expect to be having to pay out? Stuff like that. I suspect that my stuff is going to be a bit art light for a while, but I really don't know.

    I really liked your post about manuscripts and Quark the other day. I should check and see if you have answered my question there.

    ReplyDelete